- United States
- American Samoa
- Iran (Islamic Republic of)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- Most Popular
- Top Selling
Show Item ID
Granite countertops are one of the most popular additions to any kitchen remodeling project. To a point, it is almost considered to be one of the many home improvement tropes to hear. People are always bragging about granite tops, granite bar tables, and granite home accents like trim and accessories. It’s easy to see why granite countertops are popular. They are elegant, timeless, and also happen to be extremely durable. Of course, anyone who has ever tried to scratch a granite piece could tell you that. If you are mulling over the idea of buying a granite top for your kitchen or bathroom, it’s a good idea to know what to expect.
The Types Of Granite Countertops
The first thing that you need to be aware of when you’re looking at granite is that there are many different types of granite countertops. If you look at granite color samples in a typical store, it becomes clear that there is a granite type for every kitchen. To make things simple, we’re going to talk about the most commonly purchased genres.
Where Can I Buy Granite Countertops?
Are you stuck asking yourself, “Where can I buy cheap granite countertops? Where can I find granite near me?” If so, you’re not alone. This is not exactly the type of thing that people can just go to the local supermarket and find granite slabs on a rack. Thankfully, there are a bunch of places you can go.
Granit Store is one of the most popular places to find granite slabs, and they have tons of ways to find the right granite countertops for your home. They have granite samples for sale, a granite showroom, and a whole catalog of granite stone kitchen countertops worth perusing.
This is one of the more popular stores that sell granite countertops cut to size. You can also get them installed in your home for a reasonable price here. Once in a while, you might see a granite countertop sale here, but that’s kind of unusual.
Want the fastest way to find places to buy granite countertops? Go to Google and type in: “where to buy granite countertops near me,” or “kitchen granite countertops near me.” Chances are that the search results will lead you to your local countertop store.
Most big box stores will have a limited in-person granite showroom, with examples of granite countertops available for buyers. They tend to give you decent granite bar top prices, offer you a way to buy granite samples, and can also help you link up with decent granite brands.
With that said, most places like big box stores only work with basic granite brands. Even so, if you have to ask, “Where can I find a decent granite countertop near me?,” it’s probably at a Marble.com
Granite Slab Stores
Are you looking for a place where you can browse tons of granite color samples, get quick and easy granite countertops for your home, and maybe get a good price too? Then look for stores that sell granite countertops exclusively. There’s often one in every town.
The good thing about going to specialized granite slab stores is that you always can expect to have a sales staff member who knows how to order granite countertops for your project. If you find granite to be too pricey at these stores, don’t worry. They offer imitation granite countertops kitchen designers love, too.
Because they have a lot of ways to help you out (not to mention a ton of granite swatches to explore!), this is one of the best places to buy granite near you.
Factory Granite Yards
This is a hit or miss, depending on the type of showroom near you. If you want to find granite countertop sales that are above and beyond what you’d find at typical granite vendors, try to find some granite yards that are open to the public.
Granite yards aren’t always places to buy granite countertops as homeowners, simply because they often choose to exclusively work with other businesses. However, if you want to get it direct from the maker, this is a great way to find granite countertops that have real granite, at a price that’s unreal. They tend to have the best local granite countertop selections and small granite slabs for sale.
One issue that you might find with some lower-end granite yards is that they may not have granite cut to order. They also may not have granite slab samples for sale or on display, expecting you to know the type you want off the bat. It’s important to ask the yard what they offer before you assume they’re a good home granite go-to.
Order Granite Countertops Online
Even if you know someone who sells granite countertops as a job, there’s good reason why you might consider ordering granite countertops online. After all, it’s the modern era, and you can buy anything online. This means that you can also buy granite countertops online.
Buying granite countertops online has its perks. You get to have a nice granite selection, often delivered to your door. You can find small granite countertops, large granite countertops, as well as custom cut granite in a pinch. Most granite retailers do what they can to have an online presence, too, so if you have a particular brand you want, you can usually find it.
There are still issues with finding granite countertops for sale on the internet. You usually have to rely on granite photos to tell the color of the stone, and that’s not always an accurate depiction.
Moreover, you can’t feel the granite surface or see what samples of granite countertops in kitchens look like in person. This means what you order might not be what you get. If you see granite specials or funky deals, research the site to make sure that they’re legit.
Important Things To Consider When Getting Granite Countertops
We’ve gone over where to get granite countertop deals, and which stores sell discount granite countertops. Now, let’s talk about other important tips to keep in mind when looking for kitchen granite countertops…
• A sale on granite countertops doesn’t mean low quality. Sometimes, warehouses just buy too much of one color or type. Solid granite at a cheap price is always a bargain. No one is ever really able to tell the difference between cheap granite tops and pricey ones, anyway.
• Nice granite countertops are countertops that fit your budget and the counters. Always measure twice before you order your countertops, and make sure that you’re within budget. You may have to set aside some extra cash to cut the countertops or drill holes in it for sink use.
• There is no such thing as a granite slab specifically for a single purpose. If you find a granite bathroom countertop you want to use for a kitchen, go for it. Just because they’re labeled as granite countertops for kitchens doesn’t mean they can’t be used as a granite table top or a granite desktop with a little tinkering.
• Keep an eye out for the types of kitchen cabinets granite countertops work well with. While you probably won’t have granite kitchen cabinets, it is possible to find cabinet tops that look like granite if you look hard enough. Of course, a good coat of paint or the right stain can work well too.
• When you want to get solid color granite countertops, order some granite color samples to get a better idea of how it’ll look in your home. You’d be surprised how different a granite slab’s color can look in a different light.
• Call ahead to find out if there are any granite specials. Yes, you searched up “granite near me” on Google, but just because the warehouse is open doesn’t mean that you will find affordable granite there. Knowing what deals they have can help make sure you don’t waste your time.
If you were hoping to snag an amazing deal on granite, it’s always possible. People buy granite tops everyday with great success. The only thing you need to make sure to do is learn about what you really want in a kitchen counter. With a little research and price shopping, you should be able to find something that works well for you.