Unless otherwise provided for in another portion of the Site’s various terms and conditions, this policy only applies to personal information, not to business information.
Type of Information Collected.
You may browse the Site without creating an account, but certain features may be restricted, unless you have created an account with Marble.com. When creating an account, we will collect your name, email address, mailing address, contact information, username, password, or any other additional information you choose to provide to us. We may also collect information from you if you log into the Site through any third party account, such as Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn. The option to use such third party sites may occur and will be at your sole option. The information we will be able to access from such third party sites will depend on what privacy settings you use on such third party site. We will also collect the following types of Personal Information through the Site:
- Business owner contact information. This includes name, address, email address, phone number, and individual title information.
- Information about your visits to and use of the Site or the websites of third party services used to access the Site, in order to help us maintain the appropriate features, functionality, and experience.
- Information to verify your identity. This may include things like your user name, password, age, or date of birth.
- Any other personal information you choose to submit or upload to the Site or provide to us through email.
We may also attach any Personal Information we collect through other sources, such as public records, demographic information, and any other background information. We may automatically collect information that may not be personally identifiable, including the website from which you came to our Site from, your IP address, browser type, and other information relating to the device you used to access the Site. We may combine this information with Personal Information to improve the services we offer to you.
When creating an account, you will be required to provide certain Personal Information to register, some of this information may be optional, but some may be required in creating the account. Additional information may be gathered if you choose to provide it. Such additional information shall only be collected at your option.
Uses of Personal Information.
We will only use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To respond to any of your requests or inquiries, or other customer service related purposes;
- To adjust our offerings and services to you;
- To provide you with information regarding our company or products;
- To authenticate visitors to our Site;
- To improve our Site, offerings, or services we provide; or
- To better understand how users interact with the Site.
Third Party Disclosures.
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to products or services that we believe you may be interested in.
- To respond to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required to by law.
- To protect or enforce our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- To comply with bankruptcy proceedings. In the event of the sale or dissolution of all our assets you will be notified of any change in ownership or use of your Personal Information, as well as all the options you have regarding your Personal Information.
- To any third parties involved in the process of providing services to us or you or performing functions on our behalf, such as contractors, customer service providers, credit bureaus, and collection agencies. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us; or
- To provide products or services that you have requested.
Notwithstanding anything else in this Policy, we may share personally identifying information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or other business purposes.
If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer want to receive updates, or if you no longer want to be contacted about new products, you may correct, update, amend, delete, remove, or deactivate your contact information by emailing our Customer Support, which may be reached by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally you may also do any of the following by email:
- See what, if any, data we have about you;
- Change or correct data about you;
- Request that we delete any data we have concerning you;
- Express any concerns you may have about the use of your data;
- Request the purpose of storing your data;
- See who has received your data; and/or
- See the source of your data.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active. We will also retain your information only as needed to provide you services after your account is deactivated. In addition, we are required to keep or retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Deletion of Your Data.
Your data will be deleted without undue delay in any of the following circumstances:
- When your data is no longer necessary;
- When you have withdrawn your consent for us to collect data;
- When you object to how we have processed your data; or
- When we are legally required to delete your data.
Managing Your Data.
By contacting us, you can request the personal data you have provided to us. Upon request we shall provide a copy of your data to you.
Objection to Data Use.
You may object to the use of your data at any time. If you object to the use of your data then we will stop collecting your data until you provide us with affirmative consent to resume collecting and processing your data. You may also chose to object to us using your data for marketing purposes. If you object to the use of marketing data, we will no longer use your data for marketing purposes until you affirmatively agree to allow us to resume using your data for marketing purposes.
Social Media Widgets.
We may send you emails from time to time about information that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also send you news and offers from us, or other third parties, which may include our newsletter or information about special offers, products, offerings, or other items. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these promotional emails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such email. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you emails about your account or any products or services you have requested or received from us.
Marble.com takes reasonable steps to safeguard your personal and sensitive information through vigorous physical, electronic, and operational policies and practices. Your information can only be accessed through defined service access points, which are password protected. Physical security is accomplished through firewalls and secured servers. Access to the system is controlled.
We also equip our servers with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate technology to ensure that when you connect you are actually on our Site. SSL also ensures that all data entered through the Site is encrypted. To verify that SSL is being used, you should look for a padlock or key icon in your browser. Portions of the Site may also use “CAPTCHA” technology, which is a test that is used to make certain that transactions are being initiated by a human and not another computer. The test involves viewing a distorted image of a word that a computer is unable to interpret and then entering the text shown in the image. Additionally, we periodically subject our systems to security audits in order to ensure that your information is thoroughly protected and secured.
We store any and all sensitive financial data in a secure environment.
Your password is not known to any employee or third party with whom we may partner. We will never ask for your password as a means of identifying yourself. You should never share your password with anyone and if you ever receive an email purporting to come from us that asks for your password, you should report it to us, as Marble.com will only ask for your password when you log into our website.
Protecting Your Password.
In addition to our own substantial efforts, you can take several additional precautions to protect the security of your account and Personal Information. You can start by using a complex or well-chosen password. You should not use any information that others can easily learn about you, such as a family member’s name or birthday; you should use special characters in place of letters. While not mandatory this is highly recommended. We also recommend that you change your password frequently. You should also install and regularly update your antivirus, antispyware, and firewall software to protect your computer or device from external attacks by malicious users. When you are finished with a session on the Site, you should log out and close the browser window.
If you are accessing the Site in an area that is accessed by other people, such as a library or internet café, you should take special precautions to protect the security of your account. After finishing using the Site you should log out, close the browser window, and clear the browser’s cache files.
You should be aware of fraudulent attempts to gain access to your account information known as “phishing.” Phishing is a tactic used by scammers in which unsuspecting people are brought to a website by a genuine-looking email purporting to be from a legitimate company. These false emails take the person to a website that looks legitimate, but is not. Either in the email itself or on this fake site scammers will ask for login information to gain access to people’s accounts to gain access to credit card information and other similar data. Marble.com will never ask you for your login information in the context of any email. You can protect yourself from phishing by never providing personal or login information via an email, instead go to the page directly. You might also want to check the URL of a webpage to be certain that it has the correct domain, marble.com.
Changes to this Policy.
We also employ session time-outs to protect your account. You will be logged out of the Site automatically after a specified period of inactivity. This time-out feature reduces the risk of others being able to access your account if you leave your computer unattended.