Silyon travertine is a variable brown and beige travertine with beautiful textures and white veining. It is an ideal natural stone for areas such as bathroom countertops, shower surrounds, jacuzzi surrounds, fireplace surrounds or flooring. Silyon travertine is truly one of the greatest natural stone materials that you can use in your home.
There are many reasons that Silyon travertine is a favorite of homeowners. Considering that surfaces such as countertops, backsplashes, vanity tops and more are not areas of the home that are frequently remodeled, you will want to make sure you select a quality material for the job. Silyon travertine may be just the material that you need to put the finishing touches on your home remodeling project.
Material Type: Travertine
Country of origin: Other
Colors: Gold, White, Beige, Brown
- 1. Can travertine be used as kitchen countertop material?
- Travertine is a relatively soft stone and should not be used as a viable kitchen countertop material.
- 2. Where can I use travertine in my home?
- Travertine should only be used in low traffic areas, including fireplace surroundings, bathtub surroundings, bathroom vanity tops and backsplashes.
- 3. Can travertine be used outdoors?
- Yes, travertine is commonly used in outdoor areas, such as pool decks, patios and walkways.
- 4. Can travertine be used for flooring?
- Yes, travertine can be used for both indoor and outdoor flooring.
- 5. Can you cut travertine tile?
- Yes, custom travertine tiles are often cut to order, based on customer specifications.
- 1. Do you provide free samples? How many samples can I take?
- At marble.com samples are free, and we encourage our clients to take up to ten samples per visit.
- 2. What materials can I find at your facilities?
- All Marble.com facilities carry slabs of granite, quartz, quartzite, marble, soapstone, slate, limestone, and travertine. Our Ridgefield Park yard has the largest selection, also offering slabs of gemstone, porcelain, and glass.
- 3. Why should I see a slab in person?
- Since every slab of natural stone is completely unique, we recommend visiting one of our facilities to see slab patterns and variations in person.
- 4. Where does your material come from?
- At marble.com we source our stone only from the most reputable quarries from around the globe, including those from Italy, Spain, Brazil, and India.
- 5. Why is some stone more expensive than others?
- Stone slabs that are extremely rare and boast unique colors tend to be more expensive than commonly found stone.
- 6. Do I have to seal natural stone?
- We do recommend sealing natural stone countertops periodically, the frequency of sealing the stone depends on the material.
- 7. What is a honed finish?
- A honed stone finish refers to the smooth, matte surface of the material, which creates a visibly lighter and softer tone. While honed finish might be an ideal design choice for some homeowners, it also makes the stone more susceptible to staining and etching.
- 8. Can a chip on my countertop be repaired?
- Most chips, smaller than a dime in diameter, can be repaired by the homeowner using a chip repair kit. We do recommend professional service care for larger chips.
- 9. Can I install my own countertops?
- We recommend professional installation, completed by our trained technicians for all major projects, however some smaller pieces may be installed by the customers.