Jade Green Slate
Jade Green slate is a consistent green natural stone that is attractive and durable, making it one of the easiest countertop materials to care for. It has a stylish uniform look that is ideal for modern design settings. You can utilize Jade Green slate as a kitchen countertop, bathroom vanity top, backsplash or other home structure.
Your Jade Green slate can retain its high-quality appearance for many years. If you are looking for a wonderful material to use for your new kitchen countertop, bathroom vanity top, backsplash or other home structure, Jade Green slate should surely be near the top of your wish list. Adding this material in your home will increase the aesthetic appeal and functionality of your space.
Material Type: Slate
Country of origin: Other
- 1. Can slate be used as countertop material?
- Yes, slate can be used for kitchen countertops. It is a natural stone that is durable, and resistant to heat and scratches.
- 2. Do I need to seal slate countertops?
- No, the slate material will not require sealing.
- 3. Can slate be used outdoors?
- Yes, slate can be used for outdoor kitchens, bars, stairs, and even tiles.
- 4. Is slate heat resistant?
- Yes, slate is heat resistant and will not be damaged by high temperatures.
- 5. Is slate chip resistant?
- Slate countertops are scratch resistant, however, chips on slate countertops are common, especially around the edges.
- 1. Do you provide free samples? How many samples can I take?
- At marble.com samples are free, and we encourage our clients to take up to ten samples per visit.
- 2. What materials can I find at your facilities?
- All Marble.com facilities carry slabs of granite, quartz, quartzite, marble, soapstone, slate, limestone, and travertine. Our Ridgefield Park yard has the largest selection, also offering slabs of gemstone, porcelain, and glass.
- 3. Why should I see a slab in person?
- Since every slab of natural stone is completely unique, we recommend visiting one of our facilities to see slab patterns and variations in person.
- 4. Where does your material come from?
- At marble.com we source our stone only from the most reputable quarries from around the globe, including those from Italy, Spain, Brazil, and India.
- 5. Why is some stone more expensive than others?
- Stone slabs that are extremely rare and boast unique colors tend to be more expensive than commonly found stone.
- 6. Do I have to seal natural stone?
- We do recommend sealing natural stone countertops periodically, the frequency of sealing the stone depends on the material.
- 7. What is a honed finish?
- A honed stone finish refers to the smooth, matte surface of the material, which creates a visibly lighter and softer tone. While honed finish might be an ideal design choice for some homeowners, it also makes the stone more susceptible to staining and etching.
- 8. Can a chip on my countertop be repaired?
- Most chips, smaller than a dime in diameter, can be repaired by the homeowner using a chip repair kit. We do recommend professional service care for larger chips.
- 9. Can I install my own countertops?
- We recommend professional installation, completed by our trained technicians for all major projects, however some smaller pieces may be installed by the customers.