Get A Quote
No Junk mail. No spam Calls. Free quotes

Quartz Backsplash: Trendy Ideas for an Engineered Stone Backsplash

Written by Christopher Miller on August 26, 2019
Edited By Stephen Baez, Last Updated On February 28, 2023
Reviewed By Samantha Peterson
Share this article

Table of Contents

Having a stunning backsplash can truly complete any new countertop installation. But other than just looks, backsplashes can have a functional role as well. Installing a backsplash can help prevent stains from getting on the walls behind your countertops. As for quartz, the material is often used for countertops, backsplashes and many other fixtures around the house. 


What is Quartz? 

Quartz is an engineered stone that is made by combining quartz mineral with polyester resin. Although different brands will have different percentages, the composition of quartz is generally around 90 percent quartz mineral with the remaining 10 percent being polyester resin. Some brands may have up to 95 percent quartz mineral. Although it is not natural stone, quartz is a beautiful material. Some types are engineered to have the look of natural stones like granite or marble. There are many colors and patterns you can choose from and customization is easily attainable. This means that you will surely find something that you like as well as something that fits the décor of your space. 

Why Should You Choose a Quartz Backsplash? 

There are many reasons that you should choose a quartz backsplash. Not only is the material beautiful, durable and adaptable to any room, but it is also stain resistant, protects the walls from moisture, is easily to clean and does not require the sealing that natural stone surfaces do.

Quartz Backsplashes: Benefits
Adaptable to any room
Stain resistant
Moisture resistant
Easy to clean
No sealing required

What Are the Drawbacks of Quartz Backsplashes? 

Despite having many appealing factors, quartz backsplashes, like those that are made of natural stone, are not perfect. A quartz backsplash is not heat resistant, so make note of that if you are installing it in the kitchen. While this has less of an impact on a backsplash as it would a quartz countertop, you still want to exercise as much caution as possible. Also, while quartz can imitate the look of natural stone, many homeowners find that there is no true replacement for granite, marble or any other type of natural stone. 

Quartz Backsplashes: Drawbacks
Not heat resistant
Does not hold appeal of natural stone

Types of Quartz Backsplashes 

Having a full backsplash (one that extends from your countertops up to your cabinets) can truly create a visual impact in your home. Below are some stunning options that you have for quartz backsplashes. 


Vena Calacatta Infinita Quartz Backsplash 

If you are looking for a quartz backsplash that imitates the look of marble, Vena Calacatta Infinita quartz could be just what you are looking for. This material features a white base with elegant veining. 

Rugged Concrete Caesarstone Quartz Backsplash 

If you want something with more of a modern touch for your backsplash, consider Rugged Concrete Caesarstone quartz. The grey tone works well as a neutral color. 

Vanilla Noir Caesarstone Quartz Backsplash 

If you are looking for a stunning dark colored backsplash, Vanilla Noir Caesarstone quartz is an excellent choice. Choosing Vanilla Noir Caesarstone quartz will truly grab the attention of your guests. 

River Bed 680 Quantra Quartz Backsplash 

River Bed 680 Quantra quartz is a great option if you want to go with the granite look. This will work well with virtually any décor. 

8531 Profondo Caesarstone Quartz Backsplash 

If you really want to go with something outside the box and exotic, 8531 Profondo Caesarstone quartz will be the perfect choice for you. The material is made to imitate the look of gemstone. 

Quartz is a great option for a backsplash that will make both a visual and functional impact. Although there are only five types above, there are many more that you will be able to choose from. Installing a quartz backsplash may just put the finishing touch on your remodeling project.

Why you can trust
When it comes time to get the job done, our fabrication and installation teams have the equipment and expertise it takes to get your project cut and delivered the right way, every time. We at are known for our incredibly quick turnaround, as we understand having countertops and other mainstays installed quickly and properly is important to our customers. We value your time, and our goal is to create the best work possible and have you enjoying it as possible.
[Total: 0 Average: 0.0/5]
You must be logged in before you can vote.
Get your countertop estimate today! Review Standards

How has it helped you?

Get Estimate
Where To Buy